How to Install DDEV on an Apple M1 Mac

It doesn't often happen that I'm one of the early adopters. However, after the announcement of Apple's new silicon processor, I wanted to be ahead of the game this time. Needless to say, there was hardly any compatible software at the beginning. That's why I had to work with MAMP and a local PHP installation - terribly inflexible. But now I finally managed to get Docker and DDEV up and running.


Optimizing Aureola: Conclusion

In the previous articles in this series, I showed you how I optimized my blog. Not only was I able to reduce the size of the website, but also the response time has improved significantly. Time to take a look at the result and draw a conclusion.


Optimizing Aureola: Preloading, Caching and Micro Optimization

The big construction sites are done. But there are still a few things we can do. Much of it certainly falls under the category of micro-optimization, but in total we still gain a few more kilobytes and milliseconds.


Optimizing Aureola: Optimized Icon-Font with Icomoon

The optimization continues. Today I'm devoting myself to a topic that often seems to receive little attention. The size of external libraries. Now I don't really use any frameworks on my site. However, there is one candidate that you should take a closer look at: Font Awesome.


Optimizing Aureola: Automatically Deliver JPG & PNG as WEBP

After I already activated the gzip compression under Nginx in the last article and could save a few kilobytes with it, I dedicate myself to the biggest issue in this article: the images. I will show you how to use the image format webp to compress your image data drastically.


Optimizing Aureola: Enable gzip Compression under Nginx

I finally took the time to optimize And the results are impressive. From 1.7 MB download size, only 0.27 MB remained in the end, the response time was partly reduced by half. In this series I will show you how I did it.