Articles about Aureola
Everything is new in May. Ok, by now it's June. Nevertheless, I spent the whole of May giving this website a long-needed makeover. Not only did I give the site a little facelift, I also replaced the content management system. Additionally there were a lot of smaller and bigger improvements. Which ones exactly, you can learn in the article.
In the previous articles in this series, I showed you how I optimized my blog. Not only was I able to reduce the size of the website, but also the response time has improved significantly. Time to take a look at the result and draw a conclusion.
The big construction sites are done. But there are still a few things we can do. Much of it certainly falls under the category of micro-optimization, but in total we still gain a few more kilobytes and milliseconds.
The optimization continues. Today I'm devoting myself to a topic that often seems to receive little attention. The size of external libraries. Now I don't really use any frameworks on my site. However, there is one candidate that you should take a closer look at: Font Awesome.
After I already activated the gzip compression under Nginx in the last article and could save a few kilobytes with it, I dedicate myself to the biggest issue in this article: the images. I will show you how to use the image format webp to compress your image data drastically.
I finally took the time to optimize aureola.codes. And the results are impressive. From 1.7 MB download size, only 0.27 MB remained in the end, the response time was partly reduced by half. In this series I will show you how I did it.